Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hello, Web

A first blog post for someone of my age and situation is, I'd imagine, somewhat akin to a baby's first steps. Nothing particularly astounding about the venture itself, as many all across the world have already succeeded in the act. Nevertheless, for me, it is a celebrated accomplishment, as I am averse to new activities and most particularly those with a technological element. Thank goodness for the young minds of our day that move with such lithe grace between media tools and interfaces of social interaction that they create for the less mentally pliable the illusion of simplicity.

So here I am, tottering my way into the realm of web-facilitated communication. As the name of the blog implies, the intent of this platform is to pontificate on whatever issue or experience or societal occurrence seems relevant at any given moment, and hopefully to draw some meaning and purpose out of it all. It's fun to talk; blogging is talking; ergo, blogging must be fun.

Quick sidebar: I had a heck of a time securing an available identity that incorporated the word "pastiche", which tells me the idea of talking profusely about everything and anything is a common motive for this sort of thing. Score one for the baby blogger. I guess I made it from the armchair to the coffee table. We'll see where we go from here.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, who is that weird person posting and deleting on your blog? Some people!

    Weeeell, I had to get my dictionary for post #1. But that's a good thing. My vocab needs serious work.

    I *love* your About Me page. Thanks for the honorable mention. And that poem for "the kids" was just my speed!

    On the movie list....Where are Emma, P&P and You've Got Mail??? (wink)

    I'll be back! (but not, like, in an Arnold Schwarzenegger kind of way)

    ReplyDelete